Join Our Team at The Pet Store!
Are you looking for an exciting career in sales or pet care? At The Pet Store, one person can make a big impact. We value customer service, teamwork, and fun. We have positions available such as sales, kennel technician and fish department associate.
As a sales associate, you will focus your attention on providing excellent customer service to all customers by fulfilling their needs and closing the sale. The customer will always be our number one priority. Sales associates must demonstrate a high level of product expertise, as well as customer service and selling skills by using techniques to build customer relationship and drive sales. Sales associates are responsible for identifying customer needs, making product recommendations, advising on promotional opportunities and demonstrating products. All sales associates must continually improve their product knowledge. Additional duties such as cleaning will be expected.
- You must be at least 16 years of age and have a high school diploma or currently be working towards it (students).
- You must be available to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, and weekends. Saturday and Sunday availability is required.
- Students (high school or college) must be able to work during school/holiday breaks.
- You must be able to climb a ladder, lift fifty pounds, and stand for at least eight hours.
- You will be performing a variety of tasks including cleaning, answering a telephone, running a POS system and handling animals such as puppies, kittens, birds, reptiles, rodents, and crickets on a daily basis.
- A minimum of one-year retail experience is preferred.
- You must be a results driven team player with a positive attitude.
- You must have excellent communication and listening skills with the motivation to meet our customers' needs.
Thanks for your interest in joining our team at The Pet Store.
After reviewing position information, please either submit application online or print application, fill out and hand deliver to the store.